Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter and a baby

What an eventful weekend! Saturday morning, just shy of her due date, my new little niece entered the world (8 lbs. 15 oz. 21 inches!). Her arrival threw our family's Easter plans off a little but we didn't mind! We still held the Easter egg hunt at my parent's house as usual. We just postponed dinner til Monday when my sis and baby 'B' came home from the hospital. After dinner I took pictures of Austin and Andrew holding 'B' for the first time. Austin was just tickled pink that he got to hold her! He really surprised me by being extra gentle, kissing her head over and over, then gently touching her nose and eyes. Then he looked up and signed 'all done'. =) Andrew wasn't as interested. He just wanted to run around and play with his cousin 'A'. I made him sit down and smile but he barely cooperated with that!



Speaking of cooperation, we didn't get any family Easter pictures this year! AHHH! We always take a picture of our family at church but for some reason it totally slipped our minds! I did get pictures of the boys while they were playing but nothing great. =( Poo!



This year our church did 'Cardboard Testimonys' for the Easter service. If you haven't heard of them and want to find out just what they are, click here. It's an amazing way to easily share what God has done in your life. Austin and I participated in it. One side of my cardboard said " 3 miscarriages, 1 special needs son, 1 typical son". The other side said "Mother of 5, 3 in the arms of Jesus". I had Austin come up on stage with me. =)

5 comments:

Brandi said...

What a handsome family! I'm glad you were able to spend the holiday with them. I love the kiss Austin gave his new cousin :)

Anonymous said...

That is the most special picture ever. Austin is such a sweetie.. Congrats on the birth of your new niece..

The Peacock Family said...

Your boys looked very handsome, we didn't get a family picture either I know how you feel. I'm glad you holiday was family filled.

Cindy said...

The picture of Austin and the baby is priceless!

Kelly said...

The picture of Austin is so sweet. Congrats on the addition to the family. Kelly F