Sunday, November 8, 2009

THANK YOU WALMART!

Okay so keeping up with the gluten free diet is hard. Not only do you have to give up what you love but it's stinkin' expensive. Seriously, I pay $6.50 (unless it's on sale!) for bread mix for my bread maker. Ben and I were in Walmart here in town (they're nearly finished converting our Walmart into a Super Walmart) checking out the new layout and food displays that they've been working on. Would you believe I saw a sign that read 'Gluten free'! The other Super Walmart near our house doesn't carry but one or two gluten free items but this new Super Walmart has a whole section for it! WHOOO HOOO! Go ahead, ask my husband. I did a happy dance right there in the middle of the aisle. LOL The bread mix I mentioned above is going to cost me $4.88 at Super Walmart! Not only that but they had 10 (or more) different kinds of cereals and a bunch of other items I didn't know existed. I'm so thrilled to know I can now shop at ONE store for ALL my needs. I usually shop at Walmart or another grocery store and then head to the health food store for Austin's gluten free food but now I don't have to!

Can you tell I'm really excited?!? Hee Hee!

Thank you Walmart!

3 comments:

Jessica Meyer said...

That is SO exciting! Do you go to the Walmart at 290 and mopac? That is the one I go too and last week I didn't see any GF products there. Hopefully that will change if it hasn't already! Great news, thanks for sharing :)

You can also check out my 2 pages--I do gluten-free restaurant reviews, product reviews, news around Austin and recipes on both my blog which is:
http://atxglutenfree.wordpress.com
and my Austin Gluten Free Examiner page:

http://www.examiner.com/x-18200-Austin-Gluten-Free-Examiner

Jessica Meyer

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
What are the changes you have seen in Austin. Do you do just the gluten free? I am thinking of starting it for Noah after the holidays.. Does Austin self stim? I heard that the gluten free diet helps that.. Have you noticed?

Dionne said...

I was soooo excited too when I seen the variety and the price. Goodbye Mustard Seed!!