Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Today I hate RTS

It's been an interesting past few days with Austin. One frustrating thing after another! It all started Thursday/Friday (I can't recall which day it was!). After a full week of temperatures in the mid 90's with no air conditioning, no a/c at Austin's school, and no a/c on Austin's bus, I think the heat got to the poor kid. He came home from school and an hour later threw up all over my carpet. He wasn't acting sick and didn't choke on anything so I'm *fairly* sure it's from the heat. He recovered pretty quickly since the temperatures cooled down on Saturday.

Fun Saturday? Weeeelll, I was in the middle of changing his pull up on my couch when I noticed he was getting a rash so I left him to go get ointment. I came back to find him in the process of peeing all over his belly and my couch. Not a happy mommy! I stripped the couch cushions and washed those (24 hours after washing vomit covered clothes and towels).

Sunday was a cooler day as well and Austin was his usual self. Sunday afternoon, he starts having some build up in his eyes. Thinking, it was just allergies we kept our routine. Three hours later, Austin's eyes are pouring out nasty gunk, his eyes are swollen shut, and he's got full blown pink eye. Trip to the pediatrician Monday morning to get eye drops...still acting perfectly normal (cooler weather again).

Of course, I kept him home from summer school Monday since he was contagious from the pink eye.

Tuesday (today) was supposed to be not too hot but really really humid. Well, the forecast was wrong and it was hot AND really really humid. Austin comes home from school and won't eat dinner. He puts up a fuss about laying down for bedtime (a little unusual but not completely) and sure enough, 15 minutes later. He's throwing up in his bed. It's 83 degrees DOWNSTAIRS in our house so I'm guessing upstairs it's probably 86ish.

So, is Austin getting headaches from the heat? I don't know. Is he feeling hot or dizzy? I don't know. It's all a big mystery. We try to get him to drink water but it's not something he enjoys. He drinks juice and milk and we've tried to get him to drink mostly water with some juice but he won't touch it. To make matters worse, I went to take his temperature and the battery on the dumb thing goes dead.

I'm calling the pediatrician in the morning but today I have decided that I hate RTS.

4 comments:

Anxious AF said...

You know, it sounds a LOT like when Alex had strep. Never had a fever, throwing up, and rash......
Have the doc do a strep test!

Cindy said...

Hugs, Michelle, that's a hard weekend and beginning of the week. I pray the rest of the week is better.

Brandi said...

Hugs to you too Michelle! I hope you get to the bottom of this soon. Maybe Jessica is right, maybe it's strep.

Oh the ups and downs of RTS. The ups are glorious, but the downs seem really far down. Upward from here Michelle, upward.

Jacqui said...

Also sending HUGS and praying you find the reason and solution for this. Hugs to Austin also - not great for him!