Thursday, February 17, 2011

Is it happening?


Here's a facebook posting from Austin's teacher:

"and now another moment brought to you by room 2 at Starbuck Elementary: Austin ALL day "Mom?Mom?Mom?"-distinctly different than the consonant babbling of "mamama" as he has been know to do-actually summoning "mom" with intent.and then....drumroll...."are you saying mom, Austin?"....that beautiful sly smile and he starts signing "dad" and questioning as if "yeah, and where's dad?"......This has been a very productive "verbal" week in our classroom! and again-we all were touched and sniffling!"

Austin has yet to form any words so this is monumental! I pray it continues! It just goes to show you that prayer works. Sometime in the last 5 days my 5 year old niece prayed that 'Austin would find his words and talk'.

This 'Mom' is very. very. happy.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Ahhhhhhhh.... Michelle! I'm thrilled for you. What huge and exciting news. Thanks for sharing it.

Nicky said...

Wow - how super exciting! Way to go Austin!

DeliaKnits said...

that is so awesome. praise God!

Amy said...

I still get tears in my eyes every time I read this.

Jacqui said...

My heart is just melting with joy for you. What a precious moment. May you be treated to many more "mom" from Austin, and in agreement with your neice I pray that the other words find their way out to. Love the pic of Austin.

Anonymous said...

Yup Happy tears streaming down my face this very minute. So proud of Austin.

Cindy said...

What a wonderful post! I'm so happy for you and for Austin! I know Austin will find his voice...it's just a matter of time (God's).

Jessica said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so exciting!!!! Congrats guys!!!

Tarah Peacock said...

That is amazing!