Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting closer to my goal!

UPDATE: my mom informed me I've been to more states than I thought so now the total had been updated!

My goal is to someday be able to say that I have been to all 50 states. I'm not that far off if I recall correctly so I decided to type it out and see how my progess is doing. Amy, you'll have to help me out a bit...

Alabama-traveled through according to mom (don't remember!)
Alaska-lived here for 9 years
Arizona-visit Ben's family here nearly every year
Arkansas-not a bad state to drive through, pretty surprised!
California-loved San Diego and want to see more of the state another time
Colorado-visited friends on the way to AK
Conneticut-driven through it several times
Delaware-driven through it
Florida-been several times-too humid!
Georgia-went to Six Flags...my shoes melted to the pavement (cheap Keds!)
Hawaii-LOVE IT!!!
Idaho-NEVER BEEN
Illinois-been to Chicago
Indiana-went through going to AZ
Iowa-traveled through when going from AK to NH (according to mom LOL)
Kansas-NEVER BEEN
Kentucky-visited colleges for my sis
Louisiana-my sis says I lived here for a short time (as an infant) guess my memories aren't that vivid!
Maine-beautiful coasts
Maryland-been to Baltimore twice and driven through it several times
Massachusetts-Boston was super hot and plan on going back this summer
Michigan-NEVER BEEN
Minnesota-NEVER BEEN
Mississippi-???
Missouri-fun state to drive though, saw the arch
Montana-saw an awesome lightening storm here
Nebraska-visited friends here
Nevada-NEVER BEEN
New Hampshire-born here and visit relatives every summer
New Jersey-stayed here and took a ferry to NYC
New Mexico-stinking cold like NY in winter!
New York-live here! Been to NYC twice
North Carolina-been here and layovered here (is that a word?!?) but don't remember what we did!
North Dakota-been here but that's all I can say! LOL
Ohio-loved driving through this state! Fun highway right through Cincinatti!
Oklahoma-looks too much like Texas LOL
Oregon-NEVER BEEN
Pennsylvania-been to the Lackawanna Coal mine tour...very cool!
Rhode Island-don't blink, you'll miss it
South Carolina-been to Myrtle Beach
South Dakota-went to Mount Rushmore
Tennesee-sis was supposed to go to college here, visited Union University, loved Nashville
Texas-sorry people but boring state, although I did enjoy Grapevine/Dallas area
Utah-NEVER BEEN
Vermont-went to the Ben and Jerry's Factory-YUM!
Virginia-sometimes stay in Roanoke when traveling
Washington-NEVER BEEN
West Virginia-been through it on I-81...can't recall anything else..hmmm
Wisconsin-NEVER BEEN
Wyoming-driven through it

So here's the total-
STATES I'VE BEEN TO: 40
UNSURE: 1
ON MY LIST: 9

*the reason I'm sure unsure about some is because growing up my family traveled a lot for fun and we also drove from Alaska to NY making stops along the way so it's all kind of a blur when you're 10 years old!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Come on out to Oregon, we would love to have you! Make sure you bring rain gear though. Even the ducks are complaining right now. :)

The Peacock Family said...

Come on over to Utah! We would love to have you. We can uh... play in the snow and be cold wahooo. OKay, okay come in a few months.