Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So frustrated...

Sometimes the struggles with what goes with Rubinstein-Taybi Syndrome is just so frustrating! Tonight was one of those times. Andrew hasn't been feeling well all day. Listless and grumpy. He once even cried out in pain and said 'mommy, I cryin'. Well while he was standing in front of the tv (bad mommy) watching Jeoparady with Austin (wierd, I know but it's one of their favorite shows so we watch together!) and he started vomiting-projectile. As any mom would do to save her carpet, I quickly took off my bathrobe to catch most of it. Andrew has never thrown up before so he's trembling and crying, giving me this pathetic look, and then he says " mommy, I so scared". Now doesn't that just break your heart?!?

After Andrew has finished, I was in the process of stripping Andrew's clothes off when I notice that Austin is now LAYING in Andrew's puke. So now, I have to haul Andrew up to the bathtub but I also have to haul Austin as well, do all the laundry that goes with it, and then clean up the carpet.

My head was just screaming 'why oh why oh why are you laying in your brother's vomit?!? Don't you realize that's disgusting?'. Within 10 minutes (10 long minutes) I got over it but it just puts it all back in your face that life as we know it is not 'normal'.

4 comments:

Anxious AF said...

hang in there. This tummy thing is all over the country.

Christine said...

Oh Michelle...

Hugs... I Hope Andrew feels better soon. It's never fun when the kids are sick.

Jacqui said...

Its hard when our kids behave in ways that we don't understand and/or like. It is hard, there is no way around that. I am praying for more moments for you when you get glimpses of Austin and what he thinks about things...so you can make more sense his actions. Strength to you...

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry...I can imagine, and probably will go through the same thing. It is very hard.