Friday, May 1, 2009

Midnight conversation with Andrew

Andrew woke me up at 11:30pm last night, crying for me. Thinking he had an explosive diaper (he eats raisins like they're chocolate), I went in to check on him. In his pitch dark room, I go to pick him up...and he's naked. And wet. And cold. Pee everywhere.

Me: Andrew, why did you take your diaper off?!?!?

Andrew: Because. (slight pause) I'm a jaguar!

Um. Yeah. Whatever kid. Of couse, I couldn't get mad at that! I got him cleaned up put back to bed and for the next half an hour he serenaded me by singing the phrase "I'm a jaguar, I'm a jaguar" over and over. Toddlers are great, aren't they?


* If you're wondering where in the world Andrew learned about jaguars, check out the Fisher Price games section. It has an alphabet page that uses animals. Yes, the 'J' is for Jaguar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard. Hope he fell back to sleep again..

Cindy said...

Of course jaguars don't wear diapers! Good call, Andrew! Heavy sighs for Michelle...I hope it doesn't happen again, but the conversations are fun!