Monday, April 7, 2008

North East RTS Reunion

Wow! We had a great weekend! Austin, Ben, and I drove the 7 hour drive to Baltimore, Maryland where we got to stay at a lovely hotel and meet lots of new people and their kids with RTS. It's so encouraging to see how happy these kids are!



It is always so interesting how similar the kids are and yet they're so different! Some were able to talk clearly and ask questions, some would talk with encouragement, and as with Austin-some were non-verbal. All of them were so happy and in love with life though. I was always being offered a hug from Matthew (pictured above on the right)!



This is Sarah (almost 2 years)

In between meetings, our family decided to venture into Baltimore and go to the Aquarium. EXPENSIVE!!! It was worth the money though. The aquarium was huge! We didn't even get through it all! Austin adored the huge tanks of fish, even though it was wall to wall people (it was a Saturday afternoon). He had no problem pushing his way through to get a look at the tanks.



After the aquarium, we walked back to the parking garage where we had parked our car for a mere 3 hours...um...yeah...it was $18!!! Needless to say, an expensive afternoon!

We then went back to the hotel where we had a pizza dinner with all our new friends! Below is a picture of little Noah (18 months) with his Dad. Noah has gorgeous blue eyes!



The pizza dinner and all the fun made Austin quite excited...



So we took him swimming in an attempt to wear him out...can you tell it didn't work? LOL



Well all in all, we had a great weekend and are now just 2 weeks away from our next vacation...HAWAII!

4 comments:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

I love all of the pictures Michelle! It looks like so much fun. I just love seeing all of the RTSweeties! I have met Noah before and he does have the most beautiful eyes! Aawww, I wish I could have been there to hug them all.

Amy said...

I love the last picture of Austin. Boy was he wound up!

Anxious AF said...

I cant wait till I can go next year to the midwest, Im ready for that encouragmetn!

Kristen said...

Michelle that sounds wonderful! Austin looks like he is having a blast! We love to visit the aquariums wherever we go, but between us, I think that Mitch and I enjoy it more than the kids... :) We are off in two days.... maybe we will run into each other!!! Have fun and travel safe!!