Monday, June 8, 2009

Let the potty training begin...ugh

Well I decided to start potty training Andrew this week since I have pretty much nothing on my calendar. He is sooo ready but has yet to actually 'go' in the toilet. Today he's had 4 accidents in his underwear (with plasic pants over them) but 3 out of 4 times he's announced his accident after the fact. The 4th time he was watching a movie with Austin. =)

So for the next several days, you'll get to hear all the high and lows of potty training at our house. That is your forwarning for talk of bodily functions. =)

The interesting part of Andrew's 'readiness' for potty training is he won't use his diaper/pull up while sleeping. Several times a week (and the last 3 times he's slept), he'll wait until we've shut the door and off comes the diaper. He quite capable of holding it but we always find his diaper on the floor and have to put it back on him while he's sleeping. Since I 'banished' diapers this morning, I had him wear a pull up for naptime. Well of course, he removed the pull up during his nap-then proceeded to poop on his bed. So nice of him to keep his pull up completely clean, isn't it?

I think it'll all click once he can go in the toilet but until then, we'll keep plugging along.



UPDATE
Well, Andrew is in bed now and I hate to say we didn't have any success today. In terms of peeing in the toilet anyway. He's willingly trying to go so that's success in my book. There's always tomorrow...

2 comments:

Tena said...

Do you remember my saga about a year ago with Avery? PRESS ON momma, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

You can do it! And so can he!