Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Not Quite What I Meant

Andrew is an avid colorer. He'll easily color for a half hour straight or even longer if someone colors with him. Well, this morning Andrew was refusing to pick up his crayons. Here's our conversation:

Me: Andrew, pick up your crayons now. If you don't pick them up, I'll take them away for the rest of the day.

Andrew: (silence)

Me: Andrew, pick them up now. I'm going to take them away and you won't be allowed to color the rest of the day.

Andrew: (silence)

Me: Ok then, no more coloring today. I pick up the crayons and put them on a shelf.

Andrew: Good choice Mom! You picked up the crayons! You did it!


Umm, yeah. Not what I had in mind. LOL

2 comments:

Christine said...

ooohhh! I'll keep that in mind should I be faced with the same situation... Don't you just hate that? Kids are so smart aren't they?

Cindy said...

ROTFLOL!