Monday, June 15, 2009

A worthy cause and my backward children

A friend of mine from church, Christian Crafter is currently holding an auction on her blog to help raise funds to send the youth of our church on a missions trip run by World Changers. Stop by her blog to see what's up for auction and to find out more about where the funds will go!

Now, I'm sure you all want to know how in the world my kids could be backward. =) As you all know, we're in 'semi potty training mode' with our boys, both at the same time. We're not pushing it but giving them plenty of opportunity to succeed when the moment arrives (great wording for that huh?). So, most kids learn to pee on the toilet first, learn to poop next, then train for stay dry overnight. MOST kids. Not mine. Like I said, backwards.

Andrew has managed to stay dry overnight for at least 5 nights in a row now. Does he go during the day? Nope. (he did have one success this morning though!) Austin has pooped in the toilet 4 times in the last 4 days. Does he pee in the toilet? Nope. Backward kids. Am I grateful? YOU BETCHA!

5 comments:

Terri H-E said...

Oh, the shout of joy you'd hear all the way out east if I saw such tangible "evidence" in the pot over here! Hurray for backwards! And your fellas for doing what the can do.

angie said...

Ha! I love it:). It'll all come...they'll just do it in their own order. I'm not sure that Miss Emma will ever be night time trained???....and I really don't worry too much about it:).

Best of luck to training them BOTH:). You are brave girl:).

Cindy said...

This is one area where backwards is still moving forward!

Kelly said...

Isn't Backwards the new Forward?? You made me laugh! Kelly F

Kristen said...

LOL!!! Hey whatever works right!!! :) Thanks for the link by the way!!! :)