Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Potty training Day #2-small success



Wow, what a stressful day! I have a headache from it all! Today we had roughly 3 accidents and 2 (and a half) successes. Andrew sat on the potty for over and hour (and held it quite well in fact) then decided to empty his bladder on my dining room floor. I thanked the Lord it wasn't the carpet!

He woke up from his nap and I promptly put him on the toilet to his dismay. Not the place he wanted to be. Deciding to try a different route, I lugged out the potty seat and placed it in the living room and hoped for success there. This is where the 'half' success came in. He peed, but only half of it made it in the potty seat. The joy of having boys. =) I took this as a success and he had his treat and the whole hoopla.

Our next round included Andrew holding it for over 3 hours. We had to rotate between the toilet and the potty seat cause he kept complaining his butt hurt! It finally got the point where the stinkin' child is DRIPPING but is still trying to hold it in. I had to hold him there while he cried. =( Broke my heart but then I quickly realized that when he cried, he couldn't hold it in. He then went 5 times (each time he realizes he's going, he stops midstream!) so we've had 'small' success today. Good thing I'm just as stubborn as he is. LOL

4 comments:

Tarah Peacock said...

I'm nervous for the potty training, keep us updated. Hope all goes well :)

Andrea said...

Keep it up and don't give up. Pretty soon he'll click and just get it. When your putting so much work into it he is bound to get it very soon.

Cindy said...

I remember some of the fighting to not pee you mentioned...but later on in the process, for some reason. You're right, who ever has the strongest will, will win.

Kristen said...

That picture is priceless! You can do it momma!!! :)