Tuesday, March 25, 2008

27 days and counting!

To our vacation in Hawaii!!!
Long story short, my brother-in-law's family own a condo in Hawaii and it was offered to us at no expense for a week. This includes a car to drive, free groceries and scuba gear, and free souveniers at any of the 6 gift shops they own. All we have to do is pay for our plane tickets! A trip of a lifetime. Better yet...the kids aren't coming! *hehe*

Oh of course, it's in the back of my mind how difficult it will be to leave the boys for so long. We've left Austin with my parents for 2 nights in a row but Andrew is another story. He'll get his first chance away from mom and dad overnight next weekend! My husband, myself, and Austin will be traveling to Baltimore, MD for the weekened to attend the annual North East Rubinstein-Taybi Syndrome Reunion. All of the families that can make it to Baltimore gather together to catch up, compare, and just have fun. It's soo interesting seeing a room full of special needs kids that look so alike! Andrew will be staying with my sister to make the trip more affordable and easier (it's a 7 hour drive for us).

A full week the end of April without the kids, laundry, phones, white sand, warm temperatures...I can't wait! Oh and here's some interesting information, flying from northern NY to Hawaii on a plane takes 16 hours with our layovers...eeek!

2 comments:

Anxious AF said...

Take me with you!!!!

Kristen said...

WOOO HOOO!!! It is gonna be so much fun! I know that I am looking forward to our trip too! We leave in 18 days. :) You have definitely been blessed with a wonderful vacation opportunity! SOOOO MUCH FUN!!! :) :)

Check my blog, I tagged you! :)