Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Great Lesson

I received this great book in the mail from MOPS for answering a survey (MOPS is Mother's of Preschoolers) and I've been reading a chapter a night. I definately recommend it!!! The chapters are short and SOO applicable. If anyone is interested it's Mom to Mom: Confessions of a "Mother Inferior" by Elisa Morgan. Anyway, here are some great lessons I read that I wanted to share with everyone.

"...until we understand our neediness, we can't experience fulfillment. Until we look boldly at our emptiness, we can't be filled. As long as we think we can handle it, we will. Unless we grasp what we can't do, we won't hve a clue to what God can do."

"...when we experience our needs and then bring them to God, he can meet them. And when he meets them, we can be whole."

I got a lot out of those fragments of the chapter! Here's a bit from my chapter I read last night...

"God never asked us to meet all by ourselves every need we face. There simply isn't enough of us to do so. But God is enough. And in his enough, we're enough. And for me, that's good enough."

AMEN!

That's soooo true! I'm always finding myself on the verge (or WAY past it) of complaining about all I have to do or get done. I love that I can know that God doesn't expect me to get EVERYTHING done. He is my everything.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing a great reminder!

Kristen said...

AMEN!!! Thanks for sharing that Michelle! Ohhhh so true! I look forward to hearing more about the book! I picked up a few good books this weekend as well! :)