Thursday, June 12, 2008

Is there an end to this yuckiness?!?

After going most of the day yesterday acting completely normal, I was thrilled at the possibility of Austin returning to school today. I made a list of things I needed to do and places to go considering I've been stuck in the house since Saturday (when I got sick). Plans changed. Austin fell asleep and an hour after the medicine wore off his fever spiked again and he threw up ALL over the recliner. Not a happy mommy. I took him upstairs to give him a bath and decided to wake Andrew up and throw him in as well since nap time was over. I bathed the kids, grabbed Austin, dried him off, and then he threw up again. That's when I burst into tears and lost it. =) Andrew was in the tub crying cause he wanted out like his brother, Austin was shaking and covered in vomit, my recliner was still covered in vomit, and I had 2 loads of puke covered things. Understand why I lost it now? Thankfully, my parents were minutes away from my house at the time and they stopped in to help. Mom cleaned my recliner for me after getting Andrew out of the tub and Dad held Austin while I called the pediatrician.

Would you know she said everyone is getting this nasty bug?!? She said my description matched everyone elses. So I started Austin on a clear liquid diet and started rotating Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours (ped. wanted this done for 24 hours through the night). So, now I'm sleep deprived as well! Austin is on his last dose of medicine so when this wears off we'll see what happens. If his fever returns, he's to go to the dr. and I'll be on my way to the looney bin!

3 comments:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

Oh Michelle, I am praying for you guys. I hope that the little man gets to feeling better today.

((Hugs))

Jacqui said...

STRENGTH to you!!!!

Cindy said...

I hope things are better by now...sorry I'm missing the stories as they happen!

I would have cried too!