Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Quirky Kids

Yeterday Ben and I were in the kitchen enjoying that rare moment of adult convesation. I was prepping for dinner and he was helping. Ben doesn't usually get the chance to help me prep since I ask him to keep the kids out of my hair. =)

Let me back it up a little: I planned on serving corn on the cob and chicken sandwiches for dinner. While the boys were playing outside after Andrew's nap, I husked corn. When that was finished we all trekked inside out of the hot humid sun. I set the bag of husked corn in the entryway and went to the kitchen to start dinner. The boys went to do their own thing so Ben came to help me.

All caught up now?!?

About 15 minutes into prepping dinner, I commented on how quiet the boys were. Quiet kids usually equals trouble. Ben went to go check on them and all of a sudden yells "Andrew! What in the world are you doing?!?!" The mommy brain kicked in and I immediately thought of worse case scenario...luckily it wasn't! I stuck my head out of the kitchen to see Andrew at the front door with my bag of corn. Eating it RAW.

First of all, Andrew has never had corn on the cob. I've always cut it off. I just assumed he wasn't 'there' just yet. Boy was I wrong! Luckily he'd only gotten into one ear of corn but we couldn't take it away from him for anything! So figuring the worst that could happen is a nasty diaper, we put him at the table with his raw ear of corn. He sat and ate the entire thing, leaving no kernels behind. GROSS!



While all this is going on we still haven't checked on Austin. Come to find out, he's fast asleep in the middle of the living room floor. =) Ben had taken him swimming an hour earlier...guess he wore him out!

6 comments:

Amy said...

LOL How funny! I guess it's time to give him is on cob to eat!

Our Journey said...

Have fun changing that diaper! Cute picture of Austin! Frankie sleeps exactly like that! Feet crossed and hands behind the head, adorable!

The Peacock Family said...

How cute are your boys! I am so glad that Sawyer has a new friend. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

That is so funny!!! Good luck with that diaper!

Jacqui said...

Hee hee, what a cute story.

Kristen said...

Go Andrew!!! I love it that way too!! :) They are adorable!!!