Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I just baked 8 dozen chocolate chip cookies during Andrew's nap.

Did Austin's school/class need them?
Nope.

Was I bored?
Do you remember I have 2 kids? Nap time is a precious commodity...nap time is never boring!

So why so many cookies?

Cause I failed to read the new recipe I was trying! LOL I'm not a good cook but I do enjoying baking so every once in a while I pull a recipe that looks good out of a magazine so I can try it later. Well today was one of those later times!

Our church has a military ministry called Heroes At Home. In honor of September 11th, the group is collecting baked goods to put into 4 baskets to hand out to our local police station, fire station, etc. to thank them for their service to our city. Great time to try my new chocolate chip recipe!

When reading the recipe, I thought it was awful strange that it called for 2 BAGS of chocolate chips. Wow! I didn't see anything at the bottom of the recipe stating how many cookies it made so I figured either they're really chocolatey or it makes A LOT of cookies. Yep. It's the latter one. LOL

Before starting to mix the ingredients, I reread the recipe and sure enough, at the TOP of the recipe in tiny letter it says "Yields 8 dozen cookies". Who in the world needs 8 dozen cookies?!?

Well, they came out really yummy and I plan on giving most of them to Heroes At Home but the rest shall make a home in my belly. =)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I like to make a batch of cookies, then freeze the baked cookies in batches of 6-8 in plastic bags. Then I pull out a bag for a meal for our family...instead of serving them for a meal, and then ME eating the rest of the 4 dozen cookies over the next two days.

I have cookies, but I have to let them defrost for 30 minutes, so that gets me past the initial temptation.

Giving them away to the police and fire is also a good option! :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle.
Tell me the secret of how you can bake 8 dozen cookies during a nap?? Noah's naps are so short.. I would love for him to take one long nap..

Diana said...

MMMMMMMMMMM! LOL! :D That sounds like something I would have done. :D