Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This is the year to travel!

Well starting next Thursday you can add Texas to my list of places I've traveled to this year! Cool thing is, I can check TX off my list of the 50 states I want to visit before I die! I've driven through TX twice but never actually stayed there. I am a New Yorker and quite frankly the country twang, line dancing music, and cowboy hats will probably freak me out! LOL I'll make sure I post pictures!

Anyway, I'm flying to Texas with my best bud for the annual MOPS Convention in Grapevine. I'll be gone for 4 days without my kids! AHHHH! Seriously, I'm ok with that. I miss my kids when I'm gone but it always is a much needed break. I'm just a little worried about leaving my husband to fend for himself on Sunday. If he can handle the chaos Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, why not Sunday you ask? Well, he's the youth pastor and music minister at our church so he's got his hands full on Sundays. I'm still trying to figure out how in the world he'll get the boys to their Sunday School classes and remember to pick them up on time! Plus, he has to find someone to sit with Austin during the service till he gets off the stage! See why I said AHHH?

As my title says This Is The Year To Travel! I've been to New Hampshire (twice), Maine (twice), Hawaii, Maryland-all in the last 9 months! We don't plan to stop anytime soon either cause we have plans to drive across the country (for the third time!) to visit Ben's parents in Arizona in December/January. I wouldn't have it any other way though. If money grew on trees I'd travel even more!

4 comments:

Anxious AF said...

Have FUN!

Cindy said...

Fun! If you drive to Arizona, can you come to California? We're 2 miles from Disneyland...

Anonymous said...

As you know we travel a lot too. Have a great much needed break. I know I need one really bad.. Maybe a month away at a spa?? Yeah right.. I can wish though right?? Hugs..

Kristen said...

Ok, so what are you trying to say about the Texas thing???? ;) That is wonderful that you have been able to go so much this year! You guys should have loads of fun at convention!!! If Ben needs anything he can always call!! :)