Friday, September 19, 2008

Clean house!

I had a spurt of cleaning engery this morning (which is always a great thing!) so I was a bad mommy and let Andrew watch PBS cartoons for a whole lot longer than usual so I could put my energy to good use. I vacuumed upstairs and downstairs, mopped all the floors, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned the countertops, did 2 loads of laundry, and washed the tubs and toilets! Go me! Andrew never once asked what I was doing! God blessed me with kids who LOVE to play by themselves so times like these can happen if I'm not lazy!

Cleaning does have it's downside...I know for a fact that SOMETHING will be spilled on my newly mopped floors or Ben will come home really dirty from work (he's in construction) and my shower will no longer be sparkling. It's inevitable. For instance, I washed Austin's sheets yesterday and decided to take off his mattress protector and wash it as well. I usually don't wash the protector so I thought now would be a good time! Well guess who's diaper leaked over night last night? Yep. Austin's. So, once again his sheets and matress protector are in the wash. I want a maid. that is a masseuse. and a chef. =)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Go Michelle! I know the feeling about just washing the mattress protector and then the next day having to wash it all over again! I think that principle has some name...Peter?