Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Frustrated

I just received today's mail and noticed a large manilla envelope addressed to myself and Austin. I never enjoy those big envelopes because you never know what they'll say or announce you don't qualify for such and such. I yanked out all the papers and realized the stack was from the Department of Social Services. Oh joy. I read over the letter on top and to my disbelief DSS wants me to fill out the entire stack of papers I received, gather all the forms and documents they need, visit Austin's dr. and teacher and have THEM fill out more papers, and then sign everything and return it to their office...get this...by December 30th!!! Are you kidding me?!?! Going to pull my hair out with this one...typical kids are much easier to raise. I'm going to be quoting "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" an awful lot these next few days.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

...and then you'll get a letter that you were denied because they didn't receive your packet in time, and the postmark will be December 29. That's what's happened to me.

I'm so sorry that this is sprung on you during the holidays. What a joke! You could call your Congressman and complain...they are the only one who might be able to do something.

Kristen said...

I am so sorry to hear that Michelle! Let me know if I can do anything to help! I been thinking about you!!!