Saturday, December 13, 2008

My beautiful bathroom!

I tried really hard to find a picture of what the "before" version of my bathroom looked like but no luck. This is the only picture I took while painting with my sister back in 2004. I'll just describe it to you...



Our upstairs bathroom was a minty green color when I moved in (Ben was deployed to Iraq at the time) and just very boring looking. So I took it upon myself to make it look fun and cheerful. So I painted it orange. Bright orange. Yep, I did. Pick your chin up off the floor now, let me explain. =) I did a tropical theme with bright orange, blue, yellow, and pink towels. The tropical fish shower curtain with matching bath rug and switch plate. It looked cute and woke me up in the morning!

Well, four and half years later, the towels were starting to fall apart, the shower curtain was torn in a couple places, etc. and I didn't want to replace them with the same old thing. My husband, being the jack-of-all-trades, volunteered to repaint the bathroom and get new towels!

Some explanations...

1)my house was built in 1890. Our bathroom was probably a closet at one time cause it's really long and narrow. And no we don't have any problems getting in the shower, bathing the kids is another story...

2)the sink is an ugly shade of blue which I'm hoping will be replaced eventually!

3)it's hard to tell in the picture but the wall behind the toilet is a darker shade of brown...it's beautiful!

4)one last thing. I'm well aware I have a lightbulb out and the switch plate still isn't on. Oops!

Sorry the pictures are slightly blurry. Camera battery died!





5 comments:

Cindy said...

How fun! I know what you mean about funky colors working for a while, and then being DONE with them! We're going to cover our dark blue walls in a couple weeks!

Lori said...

Michelle! I love the make-over!

Kelly said...

Looks great! It is always fun to have a new room. Kelly F

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

The bathroom looks great!!

DeliaKnits said...

looks nice shell. the orange was a little "shocking: :)