Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Milestones and clean teeth!

How funny is it that as soon as you think nothing is happening developmentally, something shows up out of the blue?!?

Austin has always been very fearful due to balance issues so he's hesistant to try anything new unless he's good and ready. He's always climbed the stairs by crawling and has only been going down the stairs by crawling for less than a year. Well I turned the corner a couple of day ago and Austin was climbing the stairs using the handrail (which he's starting to grow tall enough to reach)!!! I was floored! I watched him without him knowing it and he successfully made it up 4-5 steps before I HAD to start praising him so of course he quit! Little Stinker!



Gift idea for parents of RTS kids!
I bought Austin a singing toothbrush from walmart and it's a hit! It was a stocking stuffer and as soon he realized that it played Veggie Tale music, he was thrilled! The music plays for 2 minutes to signal how long you are supposed to brush your teeth, cool huh? Well Andrew got a 'plain, non singing' Veggie Tale toothbrush in his stocking but when he saw Austin (who is now ASKING to brush his teeth) brushing his teeth to music, he HAD to join in. Here's a pic of the boys brushing their teeth in time to random Veggie Tale tunes!

7 comments:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

Way to go Austin!! Going up stairs is hard work!

A singing toothbrush? I am going to have to remember that next time I am at Walmart!

Christine said...

Congrats Austin! Way to go on going up stairs, that's so very exciting.
Thank you so much for the idea of a singing toothbrush!! I think that might just be the trick to do with Nathan- I'll let you know how it goes!

Kelly said...

Whoo Hoo Austin! Love the toothbrush and the handle looks smaller than the singing toothbrushes I have seen. Kelly F

Amy said...

YEAH!!!!

Cindy said...

How exciting! Austin, we are on the lookout for more milestones!

Tena said...

Ok, ALL I ever see are stupid Hannah Montana ones. What gives? I want a VT one for Caden, maybe he'll let me in there!

Dent2B said...

Hi
I'm a 4th year dental student and I just treated a patient with RTS like Austin last week. I did an exam, take some xrays, and did a cleaning for that patient while he was sedated. Would you mind sharing your experience with me about Austin's dental appointments? Let me know if you have any dental related questions too.
Thank you.
Michael