Friday, March 20, 2009

Sick...again!

It's Austin. He's sick again. What is with all the sickness this year?!? Wednesday and Thursday, I got notices, calls, etc. from Austin's school and teacher telling me Austin has cried a lot and just doesn't act himself. Austin had been acting normal at home and had been sleeping fine so I sent him to school anyway. Austin's teacher noted that Austin did take a short nap at school (not like him) and when Austin got off the bus and fell asleep again, I knew he was sick. He's an 11 hour sleeper, no naps. Well he napped from 5pm-6:30 and then went to bed at the normal time of 7:45pm! Would you believe I woke him up at 9am the next morning!! He's got a fever, constant sneezing, and congestion. He was acting sluggish this morning so I put our bedroom tv in his room (what a treat!) and gave him his breakfast on a lap desk. For those of you wondering why in the world my 6 year old is drinking out of a sippy cup, here's why: I was worried about dehydration and Austin can down a sippy cup fast so there ya go. Plus, I wanted him to stay in bed but still get his fluids in. =)

No comments: