Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This too shall pass...right?

Now that the stomach bug has passed through our family (I was the only one who didn't get it!), I'm back to blogging again.

I'm curious of all you bloggers out there...what's the one (or two or three...hee hee) thing that your kids do that is really frustrating/irritating? Here's my current frustration:

Andrew is knee deep in the terrible twos. Everything makes him mad and he doesn't want to do anything we ask. Makes you want to pull your hair out! My frustation with my kids? They laugh at me when I get stern with them! Okay, so they don't do it all the time but when they do-it's drives me batty. I think Austin does it primarily because he really does think my facial expressions are hilarious but Andrew, who knows. Here's an example:

Me: Andrew, it's time to pick up your toys.

Andrew: No way

Me: Don't tell mommy no. Go pick up your toys please.

Andrew: (running in the opposite direction) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Me: (chasing after him then bending down to look him in the eyes) You need to obey mommy, now go pick up your toys. I'll help you.

Andrew: (Hysterical laughing)

I then will pick him up and attempt to make his hands put toys in the basket. This usually makes Andrew continue to laugh and go completely limp.

*I will give Andrew some credit here. This isn't an everyday occurrance. Sometimes he really does obey mommy...although sometimes it comes AFTER a time out. =)

So, there's my frustation. It grates my nerves...anyone else's kids do this too?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad everyone's doing better! Konrad laughs at me when I tell him to do something, or not to do something...but he's a little younger than Andrew. If Andrew is obeying most of the time, that's pretty good for 2.

Tena said...

With me currently, it's Avery and her mouth. Everything is either sass or argument. SO not fun.

And we got your present oh, months ago?? I am SO sorry for not saying thank you sooner. you rock.