Thursday, January 8, 2009

To comment or not to comment?

We've had lovely weather here in northern NY these past few days. Monday: Austin had a 2 hour delay. Tuesday: attended all day (much needed break from the humming!) Wednesday: Snow day (freezing rain/snow) Thursday: 2 hour delay. With all the fun stuff coming out of the sky, I now have someone in a 3 house radius from me that insists on snowblowing their driveway/sidewalks at 6am!!! Are you kidding me people?!? The first time they woke me up, it was 5:50am. I am not a morning person and was not happy about it. Today it was 6am on the dot. This time it woke Andrew up as well (who usually sleeps till 8ish). Now, I understand the need to get rid of the snow before you leave your house but that early?!? Have some compassion on those still getting their shut eye! I am soo tempted to look outside next time they wake me up and see which neighbor it is and ask them to at least wait till 7am!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Yikes! We are up by 6 am, but even being awake at 6 doesn't mean we want to hear that kind of noise that early.

When I worked in PR, I learned that most cities have ordinances that require construction to start after 7 am (because of the noise of the equipment and trucks). You could ask the police to enforce a 7 am start to the snow blowing, if you don't want to confront him directly.

Amy said...

The joys of living in the city. One of the many reasons why I live out in the country. =) The only thing that is going to wake me up that early is the Amish buggies. LOL

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to be in our warm weather. I was in NY for 2 weeks and froze my butt off.. Noah didn't like the cold either.