Monday, January 19, 2009

Announcing Baby #3...

Ever since the day Andrew was born, I have said I was done having children. I don't particularly enjoy being pregnant (not that I hate it though!) and I enjoy the ages 2 and up most. Needless to say, I was set. If we were ever going to have more children, we would adopt. My husband would love to badger me to have more but nope, done. We both agreed we should make things "permanent" as to avoid any oops babies. With the appointment on the calendar, we were set. That is until April came around and I realized the appointment was scheduled right in the middle of our last minute trip to Hawaii. So we had to cancel. About 3 weeks ago, we began talking about rescheduling that all important procedure. I loved our family of 4. An even number, we can fit into a booth at restaurants, our car is perfect sized, each of us has our own room, you name it. I had plenty of reasons for being done. And yes, we were using methods of preventing another pregnancy...

But God has a sense of humor. He was probably holding his sides and laughing at my expression when at 5 days late I had a positive pregnancy test. Um, yeah. No mistaking that big plus sign. I laughed, I cried, and I'm still in shock. Still can't bring myself to journey down the baby aisle at Walmart just yet. Of course, Ben is thrilled. LOL He's hoping for a girl this time around. I, myself, wouldn't mind another boy but we'll see.

There will be many more posts to come regarding my surprise pregnancy and the dilemmas that come with it. Until then, for those of you that know me in real life, you can laugh at my expense. And no, I won't mind, cause I'm laughing too.

11 comments:

Amy said...

We won't laugh. We'll just drag you down the baby aisle whether you like it or not! =)

angie said...

WHOOO HOOOO!!! Every baby is a blessing...planned or unplanned:). Here's hoping for an uneventful pregnancy and healthy baby #3!

Doodle - said...

These "surprise" baby's are amazing! Soon you won't know what you were thinking before. ;)

Our Journey said...

congrats!!! maybe a girl this time?? :)

Anxious AF said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. Hmm mine was a surprise too. I laughed, cried and took a long time to go down the baby aisle too.. Congratulations.

Cindy said...

Angie said it best...WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am sooo excited for you. I know what you're feeling...Konrad was unplanned (although we had thought about having one more, the timing was God's). You're a great mom...you need to have at least one more!

Kelly said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you and your family! Let us know what your first purchase is when you venture down the baby aisle. Kelly F

Tena said...

Absolutely THRILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana said...

Awesome, Michelle. Just awesome. Speaking as someone who made things permanent and wishes she didn't, this is awesome. Our God is truly the Master of all, isn't He? And won't baby #3 be just perfect? :-)

Jacqui said...

What BIG news.

Isn't it good to know that God is with you cos then you can embrace life's unplanned gifts. And this baby is a gift.