Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our Time in Hawaii

Wow, where do I begin?!?! Ben and I had a wonderful time in Hawaii. We stayed on the island of Kauai on Po'ipu Beach. It was incredibly relaxing. It was hard to shift from "mom" mode! Every time someone would yell up the stairs or slam a door I was sooo on the verge of saying "be quiet!". LOL The days seemed to last forever (which is great when you're in "paradise"). We finally figured it's because it usually takes us a half hour to get out the door and kids buckled in their cars seats, etc.

When we arrived to our condo we were greeted by the island welcomers...chickens and roosters! Who would have thought?!? The story is back in '92 a hurricane smashed all the cages and they've been wild ever since. They're everywhere and don't mind people one bit!



Our first day we spent most of the day on the beach (where I fried, even with sunscreen)!



One day while we were on the beach, a Monk seal decided to come visit just feet from us. The lifeguard made everyone back up and the seal camped out on the beach for 2 hours!





Another fun outing we did was kayaking! I loved it! We kayaked to a trail, hiked 2 miles to a waterfall, and then kayaked to a rope swing (I'm not that brave, my husband did it though).



We also rented a Harley for the day and went to the Botanical Gardens which was gorgeous! We were told by our guide that the gardens were used for several shots in the movie "Jurassic Park"!





All in all, I took 130 pictures! Let me know if you'd like to see more!

No comments: