Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Allergies?!?!

Well Austin's eye dr.'s appointment went better than I expected. I was only in the waiting room for a half hour. Austin was quite anxious but I don't blame him considering he's had 4-5 dr.'s appointments in the last 2 weeks. Poor kid! Another one tomorrow as well...

Anyway, Austin's eyes are right on track so I was quite pleased. However, the dr. proceeded to ask me if Austin has had a cold recently to which I replied "no". The corners of Austin's eyes are usually red (he scratches them with his thumb nail) and his lids are somtimes puffy (which I figured was inherited since my DH eyes are too after waking up). Well along with a few other tip offs, the dr. concluded that Austin has seasonal allergies. I was really surprised to hear that since no one in my family or my husband's family has allergies. My sis does but she didn't develop them until adulthood! We got a prescription for drops so who knows, maybe I'll see a big difference!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Wow, that would be great if the drops take care of it! Haali had awful allergies as a baby and up until last year actually! Crazy how you figure things out sometimes, huh! :)