Thursday, February 7, 2008

First time parent all over again


Oh my goodness, I still can't get over the fact I have a child that talks. Granted, Andrew started talking well around his first birthday but I LOVE it! I love that he yells "mama" over and over till he gets my attention! For an 18 month old, this boy has quite the vocabulary. My guess is he can say close to 50 words and sign 3 or 4. He'll repeat anything you ask. For instance, this morning he decided to add another animal sound. *MEOW* So for a whole half hour, I had my very own cat. LOL He's so cute with his animals too. You ask him what a cow says and he'll reply " Mooo, ruff ruff, meow".

To give Austin kudos, he is amazing me. For years now, he'll go for a day or two of babbling. Sometimes I'd hear "mamamamam" or "babababa". The very next day, it would be gone never to be heard again (maybe 6 months or more). Well we've come to that time again. This time is WAY different. He says "mama" on command (which he's never done) and occasionally will say it with purpose. You can tell it's hard for him to concentrate enough to get his mind to cooperate and form the words but he usually says it. This babbling episode has lasted 2 weeks now and I'm desperately hoping it's going to stay and turn into the beginning of Austin's "first words".

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing your blog! Maybe Andrew's speaking is helping Austin be more motivated...we hope Konrad is motivational to Natalie as he catches up to her.

Can't wait to read more!

Kristen said...

OHHHH YEAH!!!!! You have a blog!!!! I am so excited! I have to tell you that both Austin and Andrew are just wonderful boys! It is so special to hear them grow verbally and overcome the challenges that present themselves! They all have one kind or another, that is for sure! Then they become older and you wonder,..... "Why did I teach them to talk again????" :) Just kidding! Enjoy it! It passes far too quickly! Yeah! I am so excited you are blogging! :)

Anxious AF said...

That is such good news! I know it has been heavy on your heart. Everytime Alex will babble I soke it up, hoping that he continues to progress verbally.