Thursday, October 9, 2008

I made a pie!



As I've mentioned before, I'm not a good cook. I do like to bake though! I have never made a pie before and I found a great recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens magazine so I thought, why not try it? Well, it came out perfectly!!! I'm so excited! I didn't burn the crust or anything!
Believe it or not, it tastes sooooooooooo yummy! Reminds me of pecan pie! Here's the recipe:
Maple Nut Pie
1 rolled refridgerated unbaked piecrust
1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
3 eggs
6 Tbsp. butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Cook pie crust according to directions on box. Reduce heat to 350 degrees
2. In saucepan bring maple syrup to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
3. In medium bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on medium to high speed till thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
4. In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated and brown sugars, beat to combine. Beat in reduced syrup and eggs. Fold in walnuts, vanilla, and nutmeg. Pour into prebaked crust.
5. Bake pie on baking sheet in lower third of oven 35 minutes or until set around edges. Cool and serve with ice cream!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

It looks delish! Way to go!

Amy said...

I forgot to try some! Shoot!

Kristen said...

YUMMMM!!!! Now I see why you were so happy about it!!! :) Great job and I can't wait to taste it!!! :)