Monday, September 14, 2009

GF Diet update

For now on I've decided not to post daily on Austin's food schedule but to post when we come upon a solution, problem, or discovery. Here's the latest:

Problem: Tonight I had planned on making a pot roast with potatoes, celery, and carrots. Gluten free, right? Right. Yeah for another gluten free meal! Well as I was preparing it, I read the ingredients of the seasoning and go figure the seasoning has gluten in it. Boo.

Solution: I have a package of single serve ham steaks in the fridge that only need heating before serving! Thankfully, Austin won't care a bit.

Discovery: Two days ago, Austin did something he's NEVER done. Do I chalk it up to him growing up and changing or could this be a subtle change from his diet? Hmmm.

I was sitting on the couch watching the news and Austin walked up to me, climbed up on the couch, wiggled himself under my arm, wrapped his arm around me, and snuggled. For the first time ever. Even as an infant, Austin hated snuggling. He had to face out at all times or he'd cry. When Austin is sick, he does lay around a lot BUT the only way he allows us to snuggle with him is for us to cover his ear with our hand. (strange I know but he loves it). We can't put an arm on him, play with his hair, nothing. This time he loved it. =) I sat there for 20 minutes, loving the change!

Hopefully there will be more to come!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing Michelle. This is making me really consider this for Noah in the future.

Our Journey said...

love it!! frankie will cuddle now when hes not feeling good or is exhausted.. wishing for more cuddles in the future!!

we are thinking about the diet too.. dont forget to write a book for us

Christine said...

wow Michelle such progress! So glad he came to cuddle with you, what an amazing present he just gave you. t warmed my heart.

Anonymous said...

If you haven't come across this site, there are lots of gluten-free recipes that you can make in your slow cooker: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/.

Scrappy_Lady said...

Oh my goodness! A cuddle?? That's HUGE!!

Hoping for lots more progress for you guys.

Cindy said...

How exciting! That is wonderful progress!

Kelly said...

That is awesome Michelle. I bet you enjoyed every second of you snuggle time. Kelly F