Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gluten Fee Day #2

A bit more successful than yesterday but still a little bump. I'm having trouble with finding something Austin enjoys for breakfast. This morning I offered him a GF cereal bar. He ate a bite, kept it in his mouth awhile. I then slathered it in peanut butter (which he loves) and he ate another bite. Then he gave it back to me. =) Sooo, tomorrow we're shooting for a different kind of toast. A fellow RTS mommy gave me the idea of a GF cereal her daughter enjoys so once I buy that, we'll try that too!

I'm guessing lunch went okay at school but the lunch bags were accidentally left at the school so I'm not sure what he ate. I didn't hear otherwise so I guess no news is good news.

I was extra brave with dinner! My parents took Andrew off our hands for the afternoon/early evening so Ben and I decided to try Burger King with Austin. I asked the lady at the register for a dietary breakdown since our son is on a new diet and would you believe they have a large, fold out menu completely broken down and stating if it contained any grains! WHOO HOO! So, Austin ate the grilled chicken with no bun (I cut it into cubes) with french fries and he loved it! Success!

By the way, I purchased a breadmaker (thank you craiglist!) still in the original packaging for $40 this afternoon. Going to try that tomorrow!

I'll close with a couple of pictures. One is of Andrew helping Ben wash the car and the other is a picture of Andrew's organizational ability. Can you tell he loves the Cars movie?



1 comment:

angie said...

There are some delicious toaster waffles (Emma LOVES them). I can only find them at Albertson's in the freezer section. The brand name is Vann's. They come in regular and blueberry. However, I think the blueberry are only egg/dairy free...not gluten free. I KNOW the regular ones are GFCF.

I'm glad that it is going so well. I am attempting it...at a slower pace. One meal at a time:).

Hugs to you! I would LOVE to talk to you sometime...our kids are so close to the same age:).
I think BOTH of them are (Austin and Emma & Andrew and Owen:)).