Wednesday, September 2, 2009

GFCF Diet


After hearing so much good stuff about the gluten free, casein free diet I think I may try it with Austin. He seems to be at a stand still learning-wise and a small amount of aggression has shown it's ugly face. Thankfully, I know several people who use the diet and can help me but the whole idea of making sure Austin eats ONLY GFCF foods sounds really hard. He's the kid that will go up to just about anybody and take food from them or beg them for it. And then there's the thought of 'what if he wants something he cannot have?'. It's all rather daunting. If you use the diet or know someone who does, let me know how they started! The cupboards are becoming bare so a grocery shopping trip is in the near future so any help would be appreciated!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh my RTS mommy sister, we are on the same page right now. It's overwhelming, but I know we need to do it too. I will be interested in watching the comments to see what others have to say. I have recently spoke to three different families that we know. One had been diagnosed with Autism and two had other behavior and health related problems. Long story short, the Autism diagnosis is no longer a diagnosis and the other two are happy and healthy.

My doctors are still leary of it because of the hype and "lack of valid research". I guess personal testimony is good enough for me. If you go to the Betty Crocker website, they have a list of products that they carry that are CFGF. There is a Chex cereal that is CFGF and really yummy. It's carried in regular stores.

Let's stay in touch on this one!

Anonymous said...

I would be interested too. I have heard really great things about it but it does seem hard..

Rachel Lynn said...

Hello! I randomly happened upon your blog today and enjoyed looking at photographs of your adorable boys!! :)

Kind of random....but I am on a gluten free diet myself. I found out 11 months ago that I have gluten intolerance and I started a blog when I found out detailing recipes and tips that I have figured out along the way!

Here's a link....just in case anything might be helpful for you and your family :).

Good luck, and I certainly hope it helps your son!!

Rachel

http://rachelglutenfree.blogspot.com/