Monday, September 7, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow is not only the first day of school for Austin but it's also the day we start our gluten free diet with him. After doing a bit of research, it's surprised me how much CAN eat. The only really hard part will be eating out (which I'll blog about). I've had many people tell me how gross the gluten free bread is but I decided to try it with Austin anyway. The kid will eat anything so I thought if I used it for just toast it might work out. We'll see! Right now, I'm looking for a bread maker (on craigslist and in stores) so I can make bread that actually tastes good! Thankfully, I don't have to worry about his diet at school. His teacher is on the diet as most of his classmates are as well. As soon as I'm able to get a note from Austin's pediatrician that states he is now on the GF diet, I should be able to get free GF meals for Austin for school lunches. I may have heard wrong on that but we'll see. The ped's office was closed today so I'll try again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great day at school tomorrow Austin.

Brandi said...

You are so courageous! I look forward to hearing how it goes!

Kerri H said...

Am looking forward to hear how it goes..thanks for keeping us posted..hope school is going well also..go Austin!