Friday, September 11, 2009

Gluten Free Day #4

Today was a better day, food-wise. Still no real success with breakfast. Austin ate the GF toast this morning with peanut butter and he ate a 1/4 of it. Trying a different GF cereal tomorrow. *sigh*

Lunch today was the same as usual.

For dinner, my sis decided to come over with her kids for a playdate. We planned on having pizza so I racked my brain at what to give Austin since he couldn't eat the pizza dough. I decided to try our local health food store in search of a gluten free pizza so he wouldn't feel left out. When I walked into the store (never been in it before) I was overjoyed! The gluten free section was a good size AND they had a freezer section too! Another tip from me: Check your local health food store!!!! Yes, some items were more expensive but I found 3 kinds of GF pizzas! While I was there I also purchase cereal and cheese crackers. Dinner was a huge success! He loved the pizza and ate 3/4 of it! (It was slightly bigger than a Pizza Hut personal pan pizza)

Another helpful tip: Quaker's Quakes Rice snacks are gluten free! I bought Austin the caramel ones today but have yet to see if he likes them. If not, I know I do! =)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

It's so great to hear your successes! I'm glad you are sticking with it!